Suggestopedia

 Hi everyone!馃榿

And welcome back to another entry.

This week we learned about Suggestopedia, a method of learning through music while feeling relaxed; it was first proposed by Georgi Lozanov in the 1970's. This method uses music to help you remember things and internalize what you learn.

On yesterday's class, teacher Orlando asked us to remember certain songs we used to listen during our childhood or during our teenage years and while we all started to remember the songs we used to love some memories started to come to mind, memories of that specific time, and with this same theory of memorizing with music is how Suggestopedia comes to life.

Some strengths that ths method has is that you can learn new vocabulary through music and different songs of course and you can relax while you are learning as well. What I think could be a weakness is that you could get easily distracted because of the music, at least that is what happened to me during class. And a threat teacher Orlando mentioned was that students might fall asleep due to the relaxing music and that also happened to me馃槅

This is my second favorite English teaching method because I love music and actually, one of the songs that teacher Orlando played is a classic favorite of mine, Lovin' You by Minnie Riperton, so instead of actually doing what we were told to do I just started singing and enjoying the song. 

While listening to music, teacher Orlando asked us to write some sentences about our last vacation and also to draw something, all of this while being relaxed listening to the music. Down below you will find my sentences about a trip I had to Los Angeles and a not so pretty self-portrait, but I tried!

That is all I have on the Suggestopedia method, I hope I didn't miss any info. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for my next entry, bye-bye!馃憢



Here is what I wrote and draw while listening to music.


This is me singing along to the song馃檵


Comentarios